Friday, April 9, 2010

Do I need a Trainer?


I am not sure if you need a trainer, I certainly do! As a matter of fact, I have two. Sounds a bit excessive, but I bet have as many excuses for two trainers as most people have excuses for not exercising at all.

You don't have to be interested in competing to need a trainer, you only need the desire to be in the best physical shape you possibly can. If you feel that you have enough knowledge to get yourself in shape, then don't hire a trainer. If you cut your own hair, fix your own car, fill your own cavities, you are a super woman(man) and can probably train yourself!

If you don't know how to target a specific muscle, or for that matter, don't know what muscles you have and where they are, you might want to consider hiring a trainer.

I mentioned I have two, they are completely different in their philosophies and backgrounds, yet each fulfills a need of mine. I enjoy being with both of them, and have a great time each session we meet.

I train with one, my strength coach (SC) every week year round, and train with another, an IFBB (International Federation of Body Builders) Figure Pro (FP) weekly when I am prepping for a competition, starting 12 weeks prior to each competition. 12 weeks is 3 months, if I enter 3 competitions, that's almost year round too.

I usually train 6 days a week, at times of the year I will train 7 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment