Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do you feel good?


I wake up feeling good almost everyday, really! Morning is my favorite time of the day, the alarm quietly sounds at 4:00am and I slip out of bed and get into my gym clothes.

I walk outside where the air is crisp and cool and everything is so quiet.

I then grab the papers and scurry back in to read the sports page, down my protein drink and a handful of supplements before I hop in the car with the top down and head off to the gym.

I absolutely LOVE to lift weights, it is the best part of my day. Starting my day with something I am passionate about sets me up to be successful.

So how do you handle mornings? Are you setting yourself up for a good day or a bad day? Think about this:

Where do thoughts come from? Yes, neurons and chemicals are firing and being released every time we have a thought, but the thought caused those reactions, not the other way around, which many people think.

Scientists have been frustrated for years because they cannot actually prove that reality is real. If we put anything under a microscope enough times under enough magnification, everything breaks down to vibrations and energy.

Scientists also acknowledge that by the very act of observing something, we are creating reality. Simply by looking at anything, we change it. So, what is real? You decide.


I look forward to waking up and going to the gym, I don't mind the early alarm, but I do need to get plenty of sleep or I won't feel so good when that alarm sounds.

What do YOU need to do to wake up in a good, positive frame of mind?

Set yourself up to be successful, start your day with something you enjoy, it's all within your power.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I must be setting myself up for a bad day. LOL. I used to try to hit up the gym before work, but I have to be awake for about an hour before I even feel good enough to eat something... then let that settle before working out, because I oculdn't workout on an empty stomach (I'd wimp out quickly). It just all took up too much time before going to work.

    I do need to try postive thinking in the morning though. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quest, Your mind is the biggest and most powerful muscle you have!

    I am awake for an hour too, but I find the protein/carb drink doesn't bother me, but I wake up hungry at 2:00am anyway....

    And it's not wimping out to workout on an empty stomach, it's foolish! Your body needs fuel, you should not try to workout in the morning after "fasting" for 6 to 8 hours!

    Contrary to what a lot of people believe, your body isn't going to "burn the fat" if you have an empty stomach, that's the last source it will look to, it will burn the muscle first...

    You will find the time that works for you, I end up going to bed by 9:00pm so I can get up early, so I miss out on a lot at night, but that's my choice and I am happy with it.

    ReplyDelete