Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who are you?


As I walk around and look at other people, and how they interact with one another, I think about what is going on in their heads.

I can tell some of them feel great about themselves, they walk with their shoulders back, head held high, smiling and actually looking at strangers, making eye contact.

Others are hunched over, shuffle their feet, move hesitatingly, almost like they are apologizing for being in everyone's way.

The way we feel about ourselves creates a self fulfilling prophecy, we are who we think we are.

Consider this, you wake up and tell yourself "I feel cruddy and just want to crawl back in bed", so how does your day go? You have just set the tone for how you will feel and treat those around you. You will be a foot shuffler.

Wake up and bounce out of bed and think how great you look and feel and guess what? You will probably annoy a few people with your enthusiasm, but you will be upbeat and will have a better day.

I read this the other day, it is only a piece of the quote, because it is the piece I like. I think it is something that we all need to keep in the front of our mind on a daily basis.

“ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?



~Marianne Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment