Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cellar Door


 
Posted by Picasa


Sunday's lunch was the Cellar Door in Santa Cruz.

This is a wine tasting room and cafe, the food is fabulous!

David, Cooper and I shared a few starters, smoked fingerling potatoes with aioli; Castelvetrano olives, roasted garlic and meyer lemon; Monterey sardines, date and toast.

The fingerlings are sublime, I would order them every time. David loved the plump sardine, although neither Cooper nor I are sardine fanatics.

Then David had Line caught black cod, farro, beets, squash and orange while Cooper and I had the same dish of seared skirt steak, spaetzle, spigariello, onions and sauce romesco.

Followed by wine tasting for two, then a nice ride home in the convertible.

As you can see, my week following a competition is quite the culinary treat, I enjoy really quality foods, and luckily live in an area that has some of the most amazing restaurants!

I do enjoy them and don't feel guilty, it is all a well deserved treat and once I go back to my regular diet, I will quickly shed those extra pounds I gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment