Monday, July 26, 2010

Spoons are a girl's best friend


Posted by Picasa


That's right, I said spoons, not diamonds! I LOVE spoons! I find that some of my most favorite foods are best eaten with spoons. I actually take what others eat with a knife and fork, make it "spoon" food and create a whole new dish, that is usually much more interesting and tasty.

Spoons allow you to use your imagination. Spoons are also associated with comfort food, they make you feel good.

Think about this:

Two people, same "diet". They will each have 4 ounces of chicken, 1 cup of vegetables and 4 ounces of rice.

Eater #1 has a baked chicken breast, a mound of plain brown rice and 1 cup of broccoli on the side. Maybe a squeeze of lemon all over. With a knife and fork this is a fairly boring meal.

Eater #2 (me) has 4 ounces of brown rice in a large bowl, topped with 1 cup of small broccoli florets, and 4 ounces of baked, cubed chicken breast. Topped with some low sugar Teriyaki sauce, this becomes a wonderful, nourishing rice bowl, and I can eat it with a spoon.

I create all sorts of wonderful meals that are completely different using my "spoon" methodology.

I bake, boil, broil or BBQ my chicken breasts and then cube them all up, weigh them and place them in small zipper freezer bags and then into one large bag and freeze them.

I bake, boil, BBQ or saute several different vegetables and I will portion them out into different combination's and store them in the refrigerator or freeze some (yes you can successfully freeze some cooked vegetables).

I may have one container of only mushrooms, or may combine mushrooms and asparagus. I like to mix cauliflower and broccoli; cauliflower and mushrooms; zucchini and mushrooms (can you tell I like mushrooms?)

I cook a large amount of rice, then weigh that out and put it into containers into the refrigerator.

Every evening I get my meals ready for the next day to take to work. I will take two different vegetable containers, two rice containers and two chicken packets out, I place one of each into my glass serving/storage dishes, pop the lid on and take them with me.

I will have two completely different meals, with everything I need. One I will squeeze fresh lemon over, the other I may top with soy sauce or Thai chili paste.

Try "spoon" cuisine, you will find it livens up everything.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment