Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Feel Good!




Posted by Picasa


My neurologist's secretary called the other day, she said "The doctor says your brain in normal" Yahoo! Little do they really know! This was the call I was waiting for, the results of the last CT angiogram scan. It means, although I still continue to have headaches after 21 days, the doctors are sure it is not life threatening, and I can start work and exercise again without fear of keeling over in the middle of it all.

I put the phone down, sent a text message to my husband, then walked back into the bedroom and changed. I then went into the garage, picked up my 12 kilo kettlebell, and went out to the lawn in the back to start my Viking Warrior Conditioning.


I couldn't go too long with the bells, I hadn't done any strenuous exercise in 10 days, only walking was allowed.

I cried for a few minutes, with the realization that I will be OK.

Then I went about setting out all of my things to go to the gym the next morning. I set the alarm for 4:00am, got my clothes and backpack ready and set them on the table in the bathroom. I try to be quiet so I don't wake everyone up so early.

David and I went out and celebrated. We went to the Grill on the Alley at the Fairmont for Happy Hour. They have a great menu from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, and I was craving one of my favorite treats, a burger! We settled into a nice cushy booth, ordered martini's and toasted to our good fortune. Then came the Kobe beef cheeseburgers, with onion rings and it's only $9.95. The exact same thing at lunch runs $21.00. With a big glass of pinot noir, it was just what the doctor ordered!

The next morning, I hopped out of bed, excited to get back. I was greeted by the morning crowd at the gym, all wondering where I had been for so long.

It was back and shoulder day, I was happy about that as my deltoids seem to have lost their size, but I know I can get them right back where they were, it will be fun to do.

I trained for an hour and a half, then threw in 20 minutes on the elliptical.

I was completely blown away that through this all I only gained 5 pounds. And I should have gained weight, as I had just finished a competition, so I was at 4% body fat and lean, way too lean for walking around. This confirms for me that I did indeed adhere to a healthy diet throughout my illness, or I would have gained more.

Life is good again.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all's well!! Your blog is so inspiring! I'm loving it! : )
    -Mande

    ReplyDelete