Monday, August 16, 2010

What keeps Me Going


Posted by Picasa 
It's Sunday morning and something just woke me up. I look at the clock, it is 5:13 am. The alarm was going to sound at 5:15 anyway, so I roll out of bed to get ready for the gym. I have an hour of glutes, then an hour of "bootcamp" with  "R" in the gymnasium.

Turns out what woke me was a text message from my friend, who was sitting in the airport and wanted to chat. I don't mind and she knows I was up (or just about to be) anyway.

We are talking about the competition on October 2, are we ready and willing? Unless you have competed, you have no idea what you give up to achieve the look. Most people will have started about 6 weeks ago, but I have maintained my leanness and only need to lose 7 pounds, so that is left to the last couple weeks really.

What it means though is no more occasional glasses of wine, sparkling wine, burgers, snacks, basically the real food everyone else enjoys.

I am up for it, if my shoulders come around. They lost their mass when I was sick, but I think I will be ready. I guess that means I start the diet officially now...
At the gym I tell "R" that I will be competing in October, she is very supportive, I actually start  to get excited, even though I don''t look forward to the strict diet. I see another friend as I am leaving the gym, he shouts "how did the competition go?!" and I tell him "2nd place!", he is excited and tells me what an awesome job I did...things like that get me pumped up again.

I realise it's time to sit down and finish all the drafts on my blog that I start. I come up with ideas, and start a bit then they sit until I can think some more, I do give them a great deal of consideration.

It's time to motivate myself now, time to get my head in the right frame of mind. Here are some quotes that have helped to keep me going and doing what I do lately.

"How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?"
                    Doctor Pinero in "Life-Line"
                    by Robert A Heinlein (1939) 
"The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them."
                    Mark Twain

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul."
                    -Mark Twain

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experiences of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
                    Douglas Adams

"It has become almost a cliche to remark that nobody boasts of ignorance of literature, but it is socially acceptable to boast of ignorance of science."
                    Richard Dawkins

"And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning."
                   Isaac Asimov

"Hard, intense work of the body...Is the most conclusive evidence of our own being that we could possibly have."
                  James Dickey

"It matters if you just don't give up."
                   Stephen Hawking

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. "It's hard to fill a cup that is already full."
    Avatar

    ReplyDelete