Friday, January 14, 2011

Mexico

I am going to Mexico on vacation soon, and the video below was posted on Facebook by the proprietor of the hotel where we stay. It does have some foul language, so be prepared. It's awfully funny though.

Above is a picture of David and Cooper sitting right outside our room,  they were playing chess and looking out at the view. Nice huh?

I do not travel to Puerto Vallarta, in fact, I haven't been there since my son was 3, so that is 13 years ago! It just got too crowded for me, I like a much quieter place, no discos. no lights, and no crowds just off cruise ships.

I travel to a town called Troncones, it is located on the Pacific Coast. We fly into Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and rent a car, then we drive about 45 minutes north.

It is just almost sunset when we arrive at Hacienda Eden, we stay in the same room every year, so walk directly there. The staff are expecting us, and wave as we walk by, it is a very small place. We will greet Eva the manager with hugs.This is the view from our room.



We drop our bags, kick off our shoes and walk over to the bar and get two margaritas (not sure what Cooper will have this year) and walk out to the beach, sit back on a chaise lounge to wait for the sun to set.

We will probably talk with other guests we know, it's usually about 3/4 the same people every single year. One year we helped rescue and release sea turtles. Sea turtles return to the same beach they were born, to lay their eggs.



My exercise routine will consist of rising every morning by the sun, and I will change into a swimsuit (yes, it's that warm) and run, skip and jump along the water and shoreline. I will do squats, crunches, push ups, plyos. Just be free and active.

About an hour later guests will start wandering out with coffee, I know it's time to go get mine then.



The rest of the time is laying, reading, talking, and swinging in the hammock. I will have a couple 90 minute massages on my patio in the warm breeze. There will be lots of great food at the small restaurants along the beach too.



I look forward to me one week of relaxation very, very much. David does too.



Although I get some activity in, I don't do much and I don't stress about it. One week out of the year is not going to hurt me, I look at it as "de-training" so I can attack the weights with more strength and vigor when I return.

Mexico is safe, there is no need to be afraid, you are missing a wonderful paradise if you skip it!



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. So, what did Cooper have this year??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, what I meant was, you had written "We drop our bags, kick off our shoes and walk over to the bar and get two margaritas (not sure what Cooper will have this year) and walk out to the beach, sit back on a chaise lounge to wait for the sun to set." So I was wondering, was this the first year he had a margarita with you guys, or did he opt for something more innocent?

    ReplyDelete