Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation





Monday! You know how I love them! (This picture was taken Sunday morning, first day back in the gym in 9 days!)

Hopefully you find something that "pings" at your heart and soul, to make you look inward and perhaps make a little tiny change in attitude today.

Remember, you are worth it!


The attitude, and the mind, is where it all starts.
- John Smith, Olympic Champion


The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
- William James

She didn't know it couldn't be done, so she went ahead and did it.
- Mary's Almanac

The roads we take are more important than the goals we announce. Decisions determine destiny.
- Frederick Speakman

Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. 
- Norman Vincent Peale

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing.

- George Bernard Shaw


I've always felt it was not up to anyone else to make me give my best.
- Akeem Olajuwon 



And now a little Monday Morning Music, here is Pulp performing Monday Morning. Some of the lyrics are below. Email readers will need to navigate directly to the blog to view the video.




There's nothing to do so you just stay in bed,
oh poor thing,
why live in the world when you can live in your head?

Mmm when you can go out late from Monday,
till Saturday turns into Sunday,
and now you're back here at Monday,
so we can do it all over again.
And you go aah ah ah
I want a refund,
I want a light,
I want a reason,
to make it through the night, alright.


Going out late from Monday,
chuck up in the street on Sunday,
you don't want to live till Monday,
and have to do it all again.
and you go aah ah ah
I want a refund,
I want a light,
I want a reason for all this night after night after night after night.
Oh I know that it's stupid but,
I just can't seem to spend a night at home,
cos my friends left town,
and I'm here all alone ow.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment