Sunday, April 17, 2011

Promise Yourself

Lately I have been searching deep inside myself, searching for answers to some very interesting questions. I need to remain true to myself and do what makes me feel whole as a person. That may change as situations in my life change.

There is a pull up bar in my hallway, I walk by it a dozen times a day. I just put one hand up there, it feels good, it feels right. I want to pull myself up, to feel the muscles in my back straining and lifting my entire body effortlessly up past the top, but I dare not. I don't lift anything.

I am trying to avoid complaining, everyone is very concerned and they ask how I am doing, you cannot see my injury, but it is there.  I try to be upbeat, "it's healing nicely" I say, but I am only guessing, I have no idea!

Being on "weight lifting restriction" has caused me to consider how I treat others. I realize that I can be very focused, very driven, very selfish and that is not a good thing if you have people who love you and depend on you.

I also have had time to reflect on how encouraging I am to many others, I do like to see people succeed, it does not intimidate me to have strong, beautiful, equally successful people around me, in fact, I like to hang around in a gang of "buff ones".

I have been making extra efforts to look forward, to be enthusiastic about the next two weeks, to stay upbeat and true to myself, to what I need to do to feel I am not wasting my time on this earth.

I am sharing this poem with you, no matter what you do in life, if you live by these promises, you will be happier and healthier.

Promise Yourself

Promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. 

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment