Friday, May 13, 2011

The 4 Hour Body


I love reading, I read ever single night, I don't watch TV. I have read most of this, and probably won't finish it. This book is great! 

How can I say that this is a great book if I don't even plan on reading the entire thing? Well, let's take a look at the whole title:


Timothy Ferriss is a young, very fit and attractive local (my local) male. He is a tango world record holder, former national kickboxing champion (Sanshou), guest lecturer at Princeton University, and faculty member at Singularity University, based at NASA Ames Research Center. He has compiled over 10 years of experiments involving the human body- his body and others, all packed into this one blue book. 

The author even says that he doesn't expect people to read every single section, I mean, I have no interest in "How to Hold Your Breath Longer Than Houdini" (page 453), but I immediately turned to "The Slow Carb Diet I: How to Lose 20 pounds in 30 Days Without Exercise" (page 70) and then to "From Geek to Freak: How to Gain 34 Pounds in 28 Days (page 181) and I will be using my son as a Guinea Pig for this one!

I have yet to read "Hacking the NFL Combine I and II", but I will, I have an interest in that.

Not only does this book have great information, it's loaded with entertaining stories and tests. Ferriss uses himself as a test subject in all matters- whether its drugs or food, equipment or sleep deprivation, he does it first hand and reports back. I haven't finished the sex sections, but if it is anything like the rest of the book, we will learn quite a bit about his personal life. 

I actually tried his supplementation called "The Four Horsemen of Fat-Loss PAGG (page 114). I started the supplement regime just two days before I broke my rib, and I have stayed on it, maybe that's why I didn't gain a lot of weight while I was injured? That, and the fact that I still maintained a great, clean diet most of the time.

I have tried some of his exercises, and I like them! There is so much in here- get the book.

Below is a video trailer of the book, same one you will find on the website in the link above. 

Email subscribers will need to navigate directly to the blog to see this video.



No comments:

Post a Comment