Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dancing in the Gym



I really do have a good time in the gym! I feel right at home, I feel confident, I know what I am doing.

I believe that one reason is my years of training with others. I listened and learned. Now, I am well aware there are many poor trainers out there- ones who do not really understand the whole concept, how the nervous system has as much to do with a successful lift as does the grip and the breathing and the tempo, it's a science!

I also think that my fascination with the science and my love of reading has helped, I read some wild and interesting books on training.

But even if you aren't concerned with how your brain makes everything work, or how the neurons fire, maybe you just want to go ride a bike and chat with your friends. Then power to you! That's a heck of a lot healthier than sitting in a bar downing vodka grapes!

Saturday morning I was dancing in the gym, literally! I was having so much fun, I felt strong, I felt alive, I felt invincible.

I went to be early the night before - that's really important!

I had my music cranked, and since I was training arms that day, it's not like I had huge lifts when it is leg day, I would dance in between sets.

A few women smiled and threw their heads back, they enjoyed seeing me have fun, and I didn't care what anyone thought, because I am having fun being Kristy!






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Would totally love to see a video of you dancing in the gym! I bet it's a riot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not downing vodka grapes anymore, and always hear things that you've taught me in my head when I'm working out.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete