Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation

I wonder how many people really think about what is going on in my head as I write? There are obvious themes, at least I think there are. I know some people can feel my excitement, or my sorrow because they tell me.


Now that I am training again I feel more on an even keel. I didn't realize how unbalanced I felt, something was missing in my life. Almost like I woke up everyday and left my right arm in the bathroom or something! People have noticed, they say "You look so much better!" "You look less stressed", "You look happy!"
I am.


At the same time, I think I did good job of maintaining my spirits, I mean it wasn't a serious injury, but I was prepping for a competition, and I had been dieting and working very hard towards a goal that was yanked out from under me.


What it did do was give me the opportunity to take another look at my goals. My goals are very clear to me now. You will just need to wait and see how they play out here won't you!?



"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”
Don Williams, Jr.


“Success is not a place at which one arrives but rather the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey.”
Alex Noble


"Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.”
Erich Fromm


"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight”
John Rohn

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
Buddha

“The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
Buddha


"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.”
Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment