Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sweet Potato Pudding



I love this for breakfast but it really can be eaten anytime. 

I am not one to snack much, I think it's more from guilt than anything else. (I swear there must have been some heavy duty Catholic suffering in my past life), but this would be tasty at anytime, just watch the calories and overall carb intake as it's more of a complete meal.

I get beautiful sweet potatoes in my CSA delivery, so I microwave them in the skins until they are soft and almost liquid inside. I let them cool then mash them up into a smooth puree and then just keep it in the refrigerator.

Just before heading off to work I will take 3 or 4 ounces of sweet potato puree and put it into a bowl.



I add one cup of egg whiles and whisk it until smooth. 



I then add cinnamon and splenda to taste and microwave it about 3 minutes and it will get puffed and almost cooked through. 


I whisk it again and wave it another minute or so. Then into a container and I eat it when I get to work.

Now you could add some marshmallows or syrup and it would ruin the health benefits. You could add a bit of PB2 or a spoon of real natural peanut butter and that would be acceptable.

This is a super healthy breakfast, quick and easy and low calories. Sweet potatoes are a dieters dream, they are a complex carb that is low in calories and will sustain you for a long time. Mixed with egg whites, the best source of protein you can consume, and the sweetness make the meal a treat!

Be creative with your meals so you don't get bored and end up eating a horrible meal from a to-go restaurant, or snacking on your kids sugar cereal!

Some best breakfast meals are what people consider only a dinner meal!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment