Thursday, April 19, 2012

Peppered Cauliflower



Sometimes the simplest things are the best! I love spicy foods, I suppose that's because I eat so many "one dimensional" things, meaning since I am forever on some sort of calorie restricted diet, I don't eat a lot of stews and sauces and things like that,


I eat vegetables. I eat meat. I eat starch. I don't typically mix them either unless its one of my "bowls". So......

SPICE!

I was making my tilapia and it is covered in Vindaloo Curry, so I wanted something to compliment that, but not anything too complex as I already have the curry. I opted for pepper.

Plain, black, coarse ground pepper.

Delicious!

The oven is at 400 degrees, I line a baking sheet with foil (cause I am lazy and don't want to scrub and scrub), and I cut up the cauliflower into fairly large florets and wash them, then drain and place them on the foil lined sheet. They are still moist from the water clinging to them.

I have a big container of coarse ground black pepper, Virginia gets it at Costco for me. I use freshly ground as I eat, but for cooking I like this as it is really coarse.

I put a handful in one hand and generously sprinkle it all over the cauliflower, making sure it all gets a generous amount of pepper. Because the cauliflower is still slightly wet, the pepper sticks to it.

Into the hot oven it goes to roast to desired doneness, anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. Cook it the least amount as possible to preserve nutrients. A crispy or al dente vegetable is the best.

I like it when a few get a little brown on the edges.

Done, it is great served with anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment