Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Goodbye Peanut Butter




I have a problem, a Peanut Butter problem! I love it. By the spoonful, by the knife-full, by the finger-full...I can easily go a long time without it when I am prepping for a competition, but when I'm not....we have daily encounters and they really need to stop.


I am also playing with my diet and need to incorporate good fats, so have to get rid of the stuff that isn't so good. Peanut Butter is not a nut, it is a legume and...well long story.


I know I had to give it up at some time. Sakura said to try Sun Butter (sun flower seeds). I did and that was that. It tasted like...sunflower seeds! So, eating Sun Butter would cure my habit, because it just doesn't do much for me.


Roy said to buy cashew butter. They had a few and some had oil and sugar, I want just ground nuts and I found it in this brand, Atisana, but boy was it expensive! I didn't open it for several weeks and the other day...I succumbed.


Below is my face after eating a small spoonful of cashew butter. I have found my new addiction. 



If you have never tried cashew butter, you will become addicted as soon as you do. The richness and the mouthfeel is out of this world. And I can only imagine what dark chocolate will taste like dipped into it (I'm out at the moment, ate it all with my peanut butter!)


Today, I found that my local Whole Foods now sells it is the bulk section, and you can grind it fresh, only the amount you want and it's cheaper than this jar.


Now I have another habit I need to break. I guess the only way to stop is to make sure I am going on a competition diet!

11 comments:

  1. hahahahahah.... love the face kristy! your write ups are so articulate i can almost smell the butter now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Kristy..

    You're not alone as I LOVE peanut butter too.. and my favorite candy is peanut butter M&M's =) I love to have my apple w/peanut butter & I get the brand w/lowest carbs 7 grams Tblsp. I only get a Tblsp of peanut butter for my apple..but it's just enough to curb the cravings. If I was dieting for competition I would not be eating it either, but the small amount I have is not bad a few times per week. I have seen this cashew butter you talked about, and a lot of fitness girls are posting it on IG too. I will have to make a trip to the health food store and check if we have here in Hawaii. I know we have macadamenia Butter, but not sure how it taste. Mahalo for sharing your love<3 of the peanut butter =)
    Debra✿
    http://islandgurl1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Debra! I haven't chatted with you in a while! I see you have been very active posting though, and Instragram is fun huh?

      I would love to try Macadamia Nut Butter- I have not seen it here yet, it could be yet another vice of mine! If you do try it let me know what you think. I do love macadamia nuts, they are so rich and I love the texture.

      Delete
  3. I can just hear you saying, "UHHHHHHHHHH...SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD." :) I'll have to try it--just because of the face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the neighbors could hear me- If I lived it in apartment it would be one of those nights when they would be banging on the walls! LOL!

      Delete
  4. My 365 CB has been great on celery! Thanks for turning me onto it, Kristy! I second the Mac butter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im with you on the peanut butter - i have banned it from our house (much to my 10 year old son's annoyance!)
    How do you grind your own cashews into butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, The "grind your own" term is misleading. They have a big huge bin of cashews, and you press a button and the contraption grinds it and pushes it out like soft serve ice cream....its warm and so delicious!

      No one else in my family really cares about Peanut Butter...sad....

      Delete