Thursday, August 30, 2012

Women's Physique or Bodybuilding



Many people don't see the difference: "All y'all have way too many muscles!" I have heard. Well, there is a huge difference between Bodybuilders and Women's Physique competitors and I have found a couple videos for you to watch that will enable you to immediately see the differences. 

Email subscribers will need to navigate to the blog (Dad- that means you, I want you to see the difference!)

Here we see a female Bodybuilder performing her routine. This is Lisa Giesbrecht.





Lisa looks great- but this is not what I will be doing, not what I want to do, not how I want to look and frankly, I don't think I ever could look like this. She has some major muscle there!

Notice the "separation", the muscles all have distinct outlines, not one big smooth muscle, but you see each individual one clearly. The body looks "hard", there is no layer of fat covering the muscles.

Below is a "pose down" of three Women's Physique competitors, they are "pro's" so they can compete for money. Although they can win cash prizes, the amounts are minute, nothing really, you can spend more than what is awarded for the first prize on one posing suit. 

A pose down is where they will have the top three vie for the audience approval and create a little fun and excitement, only one will be the first place winner! This is standard "bodybuilding" showmanship.



You can clearly see that these women demonstrate a more "feminine" look, less androgynous, less muscular, more body fat, less muscle separation, their bodies are not as "hard". Although they carry a lot of muscle, much more than your average woman, and more than the typical Figure competitor, I think they have as close to the "ideal physique" as I could ever imagine wanting! 

As you can see, the Women's Physique look is that of a slightly more muscular Figure competitor, and there is the individual dance or posing routine that must be performed of course. In Figure you stand there....in those darn heels just smiling and looking pretty!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice post and interesting to read .... I love visiting this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice post and nice pics too. Woman's bodybuilding the female component of competitive bodybuilding. Nice and in-depth! Gives woman's a good idea of what to expect with the bodybuilding lifestyle. For female bodybuilding you can click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flora- I enjoyed your site! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wow, these women look pretty nice. I'm sure that behing these bodies was a long and hard work. That's why they deserve to be highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there was and is a lot of hard work involved!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this info. I just decided to move from figure into physique, and am having a hard time finding much info as it would relate to amateurs (namely pics, I can find a bunch of pics of pros but I want to see what amateurs looks like). I just updated my blog today and I am going to keep updating it based on what I learn between now and my show in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, That's great! I haven't been able to find much either, but I have learned so much in the last six months. I have a youtube channel that I have my posing practice on, not that its great but its a good way to see the mandatories. I have been posing with a coach for months, and am very confident in the mandatories, and I have a routine that I am now practicing (no video on that yet). I have music that was mixed for me and my first competition is on 9.5 weeks!

      Delete